Sunday, July 24, 2011

Time for a new year!

We are gearing up for 2nd grade around here! WOW does time fly so fast! It seems like just yesterday I was still picking out curriculum to start out homeschool journey! Well...actually, yesterday I DID pick out curriculum! My mother-in-law offered to take me to Chattanooga to a HUGE homeschool curriculum fair. It was so good. I enjoyed going, and very much enjoyed the fellowship with my mother-in-law. Officially we will start the school year on August 1...or the 8th. Depends on when my curriculum arrives!

I anticipate a lot of changes this year...and I am thrilled about them! I've joined a co-op that meets in Gardendale, and another one that meets out in Birmingham. I'm excited about the kids making some friends...and me too!

Isaac, Hannah, and Emma are all playing soccer this year! That starts in a few weeks. I'm sure Micah will want to join, but not this year. Speaking of MJ, he'll be 1 on wednesday! I can't believe that either! He's running all over the place and just a joy to have around.

We are also making some lifestyle changes around here. I've been teetering on the edge for a few years, but i'm ready to freefall off the edge! I used to make my own bread, buy milk and meat from a co-op, and try for organic as much as possible. I quickly gave that up when I saw how much it was costing us! But, it's time to go back. I don't want all that crap in our food, pesticide in our produce, grains and drugs in our meats! It will be a hard change for all of us, but mostly Isaac since he doesn't eat much of anything!

That's all I got for now :) Maybe I won't wait a year to blog again. We'll see....

Jessica

No comments: